Accidents happen. Just a little bit of liquid spilled on your laptop’s keyboard can damage or destroy your machine or cause you to lose data.
Here’s the drill for an emergency recovery from a spill:
1. If you’re running the machine on battery power, it’s still operating, and you don’t see sparks, hear odd noises, or smell burnt electrical components, shut your laptop down through the normal Windows process.
If something is obviously wrong with the machine, turn it off immediately by depressing the Off switch or by removing the battery.
2. If you haven’t done so in emergency mode, remove the AC adapter and the battery, and set them aside.
3. Disconnect any external devices (such as a mouse) attached to the USB, FireWire, serial, or other ports.
4. Put your computer upside down, and let any liquid leak from the keyboard and other components.
7. Please give us a call as fast as possible! Call us at (619) 794-4774 so we can help you save your computer.